- Reports -
32 Things You Probably
1. A rat can last longer without water
than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new
layer of mucus every two weeks or it will
3. The dot over the letter "i"
is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh
champagne will bounce up and down
continuously from the bottom of the glass
to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes
into heat and cannot find a mate.
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one
knows why. (this is false, it has been
proven that a duck's quack does echo)
7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2" by
8. During the chariot scene in "Ben
Hur," a small red car can be seen in
the distance (and Heston's wearing a
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given
to the wrong parents daily! (That
explains a few mysteries....)
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from
Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars
given out during World War II were made
12. The number of possible ways of
playing the first four moves per side in
a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary
that rhyme with orange, purple and
14. The name Wendy was made up for the
book Peter Pan. There was never a
recorded Wendy before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the
Allies on Berlin in World War II killed
the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor
on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad
and sting itself to death. (Who was the
sadist who discovered this??)
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they
actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you
could see his moves. That's the opposite
of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was
Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the
19. The original name for butterfly was
20. The phrase "rule of thumb"
is derived from an old English law which
stated that you couldn't beat your wife
with anything wider than your thumb.
21. The first product Motorola started to
develop was a record player for
automobiles. At that time, the most known
player on the market was Victrola, so the
called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are
23. By raising your legs slowly and lying
on your back, you cannot sink into
24. Celery has negative calories. It
takes more calories to eat a piece of
celery than the celery has in it to begin
25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize
in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will
keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said,
"Elementary, my dear Watson."
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington,
made it illegal for a woman to take more
than three steps backwards while dancing!
29. The glue on Israeli postage is
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds
the record for being the book most often
stolen from public libraries.
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat
beans before they go into space because
passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a